Wednesday 28 January 2015

At least 10 places ...

 

 
In 2014 my New Year's Resolution was to travel at least ten places and I am pleased to report I am not like the millions of people who, four weeks into the new year, have already forgotten they promised to *insert impossible resolution here*. I managed to squeeze in twelve trips over 2014, I'll admit a third of these trips were to Prague, but Prague is my second home and I strive to visit it as much as possible.
 
Over all in 2014 I caught twenty flights (only one of which was delayed due to a sever snow storm at a layover in Chicago), spent more time on public transport than I wish to calculate and taken over five thousand seven hundred photos.
 
I have finally narrowed my collection down to twelve photos from 2014 (one photo per trip) as proof of completing my resolution.
 
 
Multnomah Falls
The second largest year round waterfall in the United States
(Portland, Oregon - January)
 
 
The Letna Winter Olympic Village
A unique Winter Olympic park created in Prague's Letna park in honour of the Sochi Olympic Games
(Prague, Czech Republic - February)
 
 
The Trafford Centre
The largest shopping centre in the United Kingdom by retail size
(Manchester, England - March)
 
 
East Strand Beach 
Body boarding up North on a weekend away
(Portrush, Northern Ireland - April)
 
 
The Round Tower
A medieval settlement founded by a hermit priest in the 6th century in Glendalough's glacial valley 
(County Wicklow, Ireland - April)
 
 
Christ Church Cathedral
  The oldest of the capital city's two medieval cathedrals
(Dublin, Ireland - April)
 
 
 
The London Eye
Europe's tallest Ferris wheel
(London, England - June)
 
 
Kovářov
Hike day during our English camp for Czech students
(South Bohemian, Czech Republic - July)
 
 
Krka waterfall
Part of Krka National Park, probably the most impressive destination of the sailing trip
(Krka, Croatia - August)
 
 
Vltava river and Prague castle
Also known as the city of a thousand spires and my favourite place in the world
(Prague, Czech Republic - August)
 
 
 
Film and Food Festival
An open-air cinema between the Ringstrasse and City Hall, alongside international food stalls
(Vienna, Austria - August)
 
 
 
Staroměstské Náměstí (Old Town Square)
 Such a lovely Christmas atmosphere with live music, amazing food the opportunity for some lovely Christmas photos
(Prague, Czech Republic - December)   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment